Checkout Dandiya events in Bangalore for 2015. Click Dandiya in Bangalore : Oct 2015
We love the festive spirit that is beginning to make way through the city! This September end as Navratri approaches, the city shines with happiness, holidays, mouth watering food, sweets, music and dance. It is time to garb yourself in traditional attire – be it a ghagra-choli, churidar kurta and bandhani dupatta, kurta pyjama or dhoti and ethnic jewellery. All this makes us want to put on our dancing shoes and pick up the dandiya sticks! Don’t you want to do that? Well, if you are in Bangalore this Navratri, Durga Puja season and like to party, celebrate and ride that high of happiness that comes from dance; here are 9 places you can go to and dance the night out doing dandiya, raas, garba, whatever-name-you-want-to-give-it 🙂
1. 20th September, National College Grounds, Basavangudi – Start your dancing this weekend with none other than the “Dandiya Queen” herself – Falguni Pathak. Head to the National College Grounds in Basavanagudi on Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 6 pm. At the Dandiya Masti Night Falguni Pathak will be the star guest who will create an electrifying, peppy mood with her dance numbers. Besides, the celebrations will also feature a line-up of well-known Bollywood play back singers, including singer and anchor Sandeep Baradia. Kids below 12 years walk in free. Others have 3 ticket prices to choose from including a VIP category.
2. 25th September, Brigade MLR Convention Hall, Whitefield – On the 1st day of Navratri, you can go to Brigade MLR Convention Hall in Whitefield (close to Decathlon and CounterCulture if you know these places) to play Dandiya. They will be celebrating Navratri Utsav 2014 here from 25th Sep to 4th Oct, everyday 8:00 pm onwards. It is a covered space with an AC hall – to keep you cool after all the dancing and sweating. They will have traditional music with live orchestra – Raas, Garba, Dandiya Raas and Sanedo.
3. 26th September,Elita Promenade, JP Nagar – For folks in Bangalore west, head to Elita Promenade on Friday, 26th Sep to play Dandiya. They will start around 4:30 pm on Friday.
4. 26th September, Inorbit Mall, Whitefield – Vibha is organising this Dandiya Utsav – Celebration for a cause. Ticket sales are being done online as well as on weekdays at the Vibha counter before the event. Tickets are priced at Rs. 399/- for a single entry and Rs. 499/- for a couple entries. So do some good, shake a leg for a cause and w hole lot of fun on Saturday, 27th Sep, 7:00 pm onwards at Inorbit Mall, Whitefield. For any questions, comments and/or concerns, please contact the organizers at email@example.com.
5. 27th September, Brigade Gardenia, JP Nagar – For an evening filled with Dance, Dandiya, DJ and entertainment head to Augusta Club, Brigade Gardenia. Red Shoes entertainment company brings to you a super fun night. Veena Bhatt, former Mrs Bangalore, Mrs Karnataka will inaugurate the event which starts at 7:00 pm. DJ Minion will be playing at the event so go crazy dancing!
6. 27th September, Elaan Convention Centre, JP Nagar – The 3rd day of Navratri 2014 will be an unforgettable experience, so soak yourself in the festive spirit and pick up those Dandiya sticks! Ekta Shah and her troupe are all set to perform in south Bangalore. There will be foot-tapping music, dance, fun activities for kids, best dress (traditional) competition for adults and kids, wide variety of food and beverages and surprise gifts for best dancers. There is ample parking space at the venue. Entry charges: Per head – Rs 499 and Per couple – Rs 799.
7. 27th September, Inorbit Mall, Whitefield – Vibha Foundation, an NGO working towards educating, empowering and enabling underprivileged children, is organising Dandiya Utsav. There will be music, dance, competitions for couples and gifts and vouchers for winners. Competition categories are Best Dandiya and Best Costume for males, females and children. Entry fee is Rs 399 for singles and Rs 499 for couples. Also, there are discounts if you register at the mall counter. Proceeds will be donated towards child education.
8. 30th September, Whitefield – The Agomoni-Mahadevapura Durga Puja Committee is organizing a unique blend of Dandiya and Disco night in a remarkable scale, suitable for all age groups. So head to the T Govindappa Kalyana Mantapa in Whitefield on 30th September, Tuesday, the 6th day of Navratri for some high energy dandiya, raas and garba. This venue is one of the biggest dancing areas in Bangalore (>12,000 sqft). There will be professional sound and lighting setup and ample parking space. Free entry for children less than 12 years of age. A wide variety in food coupled with Anandomela. Tickets are single entry – Rs 249 and couples – Rs 349.
9. 2nd October, Electronics City – The Electronic City Cultural Association (ECCA) presents Durga Puja 2014, as part of which you can play dandiya with other couples, family and friends on 2nd Oct, the 8th day of Navratri. They start celebrations on 29th Sep and there are activities lined up 30th Sep also. There is a Masterchef contest on 29th Sep and lots of fun stuff for kids on 30th. Kunal Ganjawala will be performing live on 3rd Oct. Come on over to enjoy the music, food and dance!
There you go! Keep watching our Dandiya event list here to stay updated on other Dandiya events and functions. Happy Festival season!