Sunday Soul Sante is coming up on Oct 12th, Sunday at Embassy International Riding School. For those who don’t know, it is Bangalore’s Most Loved Flea Market!! The first Soul Sante was held on the 19th of September 2010 at Palace Grounds, Bangalore and since then we have had many editions of this favourite Sunday market in Bangalore. As founder Asha Rao says “Anything that comes from deep within you, belongs to the soul and this [Sante] is an expression of that!”
You should be at the Sante this month because of these 8 reasons!
1. Diwali special – This edition is going to be a Diwali special. There will be 250 stalls of art, craft and design. There will be clothes, accessories, jewellery, paintings, decorative items, tees with psychedelic prints, colourful beaded jewellery, interesting handicrafts, goodies made of recycled products and lots more to browse, touch, feel and buy – the ultimate shop-a-holic’s dream come true! In addition there will be food, music, a fashion show and performances. Buy some unique and offbeat Diwali lights or pick up some beautiful gifts for the festive season. The OWL lights stall has some beautiful light fixtures and lamps. Stay till the evening to see the lights go on and the venue transform into an ethereal experience!
2. Affordable entry charges – Entry to the venue is charged at a nominal Rs 200/- per head. You can buy tickets either at the venue or via BookMyShow. There is FREE entry for Senior Citizens and Kids under 10. Another of Soul Sante’s USP is that pets are most welcome! It makes for a perfect Sunday family outing across generations. There are stalls like Fundamentals with fun games for kids, like, Hula Hoop and Poi. If you plan to buy tickets at the venue, plan to carry cash.
3. Fantastic taxi deal – We know, the venue is farrrrrr away. Anybody could have second thoughts about driving that far for a market. Worry not, Taxi For Sure is offering a fantastic deal to anyone headed to Embassy International Riding School for Sunday Soul Sante: Diwali Special! Rs 349!! So grab your friend and carpool or take the Taxi For Sure offer and ride to the venue in style.
4. Food – Do we need to say more? Yes we love our food. A lot! Ok so Soul Sante has some amazing food stalls from north, south, east and west, ice golas, chaat, rolls, coconut water, lemonade stands and more. In one of the previous sante’s there was this finger licking dhanshak at the Daddy’s Deli stall at the food court. And food does get over towards the evening sometimes. So if food is one of your main reasons to be here, along with the shopping then make sure you get to it and have a tummy full before it gets over.
5. La Mad Chic – by Madhurima B presents the Fall-Winter 2014-15 Collection at Sunday Soul Sante. Come and check out the amazing prints and colors of La Mad Chic’s Fall-Winter 2014-15 Collection. Like they say “Life is too short. Don’t wear boring clothes!” So head to their stall at Soul Sante to check out the latest in fall fashion. Take your look from work to play with their versatile pieces. They do have a trial room available too!
6. Dance performance – There will be a dance performance by the group Vibes. Their mission is to dance like everyone is watching! They perform in a whole lot of styles – hip hop contemporary, modern, jazz, bollywood , freestyle, belly dancing, flamenco latin American and classical dance styles. So get set for a performance full of fun, enthusiasm, grace and spunk!! Who knows you might end up dancing with them too!!
7. Music Bands – There are music bands that will be performing at the event. The line up includes White Mug Band, White Sugar Band, Indian Blue band and Out of Office. White Mug believes in creating a sound of soulful music. It is influenced by Rock n Roll, electric Blues and Hard Rock music. White Sugar is a five-year-old band and consists of drummer Gilbert Xavier, vocalist James Jude Peter, guitarist Clement Samson and Bassist Nijo Sebastian. These Kochi-based young music lovers chose the off-beat path of music to bring to highlight the ills that plague society. Out of Office is a Bangalore-based musical ensemble with eclectic musical experiences in Blues, Jazz, Classical and Funk. With parallel professional careers in IT, merchandising, and flying, these band members truly get ‘out of office’ as they create music on the bandstands! They will be playing from 4:30 to 5:00 pm.
8. Fashion show – A regular feature at the Sunday Soul Sante is a fashion show by Prasad Bidapa Associates. It is usually the last event of the day. The latest and best in the fashion world takes centerstage. You can see it up, close and personal and leave the market with your senses awakened, fresh and happy!! The market is open from 10 am till 10 pm.
So get your hats, sunglasses and scarves – the venue is open air and it can get sunny and hot during the day. Don’t forget to carry cash, some stalls do have card swiping machines but some do not. Go enjoy this melting pot of music, fashion, art and food. Keep watching this space for information about more such events!
Pictures Courtesy – Sunday Soul Sante