If you haven’t been to the Bacardi NH7 Weekender event, then it is time for you to give it a shot! This awesome music festival is happening all of November, across 4 cities, in its 5th edition – Bengaluru, Pune, Delhi and the newest city in the list – Kolkata. This festival was first started in Pune in 2010. It was started with the aim of getting people who love music of different genres together under the same roof and giving them a treat with the best music and artists on the music scene. This year also it promises a whole lot of dancing, music, food, fun and masti!
Date and Time – November 8 and 9. Gates open at 3 pm and close at 10 pm on both days.
Venue – Embassy International Riding School, Jalahobly, North Bangalore
Exciting stuff to look out for –
- Artist Line up – There is a spectacular line up of 60 artists this year on 5 stages – Bacardi Arena, The Dewarists, MTS Discover, Micromax Mega Mix, Red Bull Tour Bus. Day 1 has bands like Bhayanak Maut – a very interesting metal band, composer Amit Trivedi, Bangalore based brand Peepal Tree, French duo As Animals. Day 2 will have Mutemath – the US rock band that plays their unique brand of alternative rock, local favourites Thermal and a Quarter, Jon Hopkins, the English producer who will be playing only in Bangalore and many more.
- Travel – The organisers have teamed up with Grallo to make travelling to the event convenient for you. Shuttles will run from different parts of the city to the venue and you can book them here. So for a hassle free ride to and from the event, go book your tickets at the early bird price asap.
- Food and Drinks – We all love to eat and more so at social gatherings. NH7 has a great list of handpicked stalls with different cuisines from around the world. So you can look forward to some good munching options in between shows and acts. If you are a restaurant/food owner, then you can reach out to the organisers here, to out up a stall and serve the hundreds of hungry souls who will visit the event.
- Stay – Are you coming from another city to Bengaluru or you want to stay and stretch the day into a 48 hour celebration, without having to travel back and forth from home each day? Worry not! You can choose some great packages put together by Team Soundtrot here. You can sing and dance and shout and drag yourself to your comfortable room nearby and crash. Wake up, repeat. This year choose Festival Living and experience a whole new thing!
- Shopping – What’s an event or music festival with no goodies to buy?? Every year we have some souvenirs that you can buy or steal (like the beer bucket from last year). This year we have custom designed shirts created by Sameer Kulavoor, line-up shirts, badges, stickers, canvas art, laptop bags, clocks and more. You can even buy online here and be happy! Some of the stuff can be pre-booked and shall be shipped only after 9th Nov. Some really cool tshirts there, check their page for sure.
Wondering if you can take your kids along? There are no minimum age for entry but children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian. Children below 10 years don’t require a ticket. If you have small children with you, you can pick up ear-plugs at the box office on the day of the festival.
And for all those folks who want to start the party early, The Humming Tree is having a pre-party this Friday.
So this weekend, you can listen to music, eat some great food, lie on the grass under the stars, enjoy a cold beer, try the Bacardi buckets, spend time with friends and just chill. All this at the Happiest Music Festival of the year – the Bacardi NH7 Weekender 2014!!